After drinking cocktails, beer or wine while watching another magnificent sunset from one of the many fantastic locations to choose from in Bali, the night begins with your choice of restaurant for a great meal before deciding on the nightclub scene. Some nightclubs open their doors around midnight or even 2 am. These clubs will rock all night until the wee small hours … if you can handle the pace.
WARNING: cocktails have been known to be spiked with an illegal and dangerous substance, which is colourless, tasteless and odourless known as methanol. Always check that the label, seal and contents are genuine. Never leave your drink unattended.
The best way to research what is on around town is to subcribe to The Beat eBlast: [email protected] You will receive a daily update of what is on around the village.
You will also enjoy this excellent site. The Beat Magazine: www.beatmag.com
- Hu’u Bar Jl. Oberoi, Petitenget
- De Ja Vu Jl Blue Ocean Beach 7x, Seminyak
- Kama Sutra Jl. pantai Kuta, Kuta
- Ku de ta Jl. Laksmana 9, Seminyak
- Santa Fe Jl. Dhyana Pura, Seminyak
- SOS Lounge and Bar. Dyhana pura, Seminyak
- Bacio. Jl Double Six, Seminyak
These clubs could be just what you are looking for and if they are, may I suggest you never drop your guard completely. Spiked drinks, drugs, prostitutes, setups and pick pockets are the norm in this environment.
On a slightly different angle there are also a few restaurants/bars/lounges around town with a bit of kick that may appeal to you before you hit the sack.
Check this lot out also in “The Beat” magazine which is available to you free in pubs, clubs and restaurants.
- Obsession, Jl. Dyana Pura, Seminyak
- Syndicate. Jl Double Six, Seminyak
- Bahiana. Jl Dhyana Pura #4, Seminyak
- Paddy’s Bar, Jl. Legian 166, Kuta
- M.Bar.Go, Jl. Legian, Kuta
- Galaxy, Jl. Dyhana Pura #9, Seminyak
- Hard Rock Café, Jl. Pantai, Kuta
That’s about it guys on the heavy stuff and the next choice I will cover is the sunset scene. When the sun goes down, it gets dark very quickly.
Bali sundowners is a pleasant and relaxing way to go with a beer, wine or cocktail, a few pickies and checking out the scene for what’s hot and what’s not.
Here are a few suggestions for you to explore.
- Cocoon Beach Club. situated at the beach end of Double Six Road, Seminyak.
It really does not get much better than this location with a fabulous new building, fantastic views, brilliant bar service offering only the best cocktails and tapas and great background music to set the mood.
- Ku de ta Jl. Laksmana, Seminyak.
You will love this place with a great heartbeat. Be there early for the best seats at about 4.00pm for a 5.30pm sunset. Ideally you need a view taking in 360 degrees to observe everything worth looking at, including the sunset.
- O-ce-n Bar and Restaurant (The Outrigger)
Blue Ocean Beach Road, which is off Double Six Road, Seminyak. You will have a magic view from the upstairs deck if you get there early for the best seats.
They operate a very good bar with nice cold draft beer, cocktails or whatever you want. The pickies are on target also. After sunset you could try the restaurant and you won’t be disappointed
- Anantara Resort and Spa. Jl. Dhyana Pura, Seminyak.
Anantara is opposite Gado Gado Restaurant, which offers splendid views from the top of the building along with drinks and tapas. Well worth a look.
- Ayana Resort and Spa. Overlooking Jimbaran Bay.
There are many great hotels and restaurants situated at a beach location but no other will impress you as much as Ayana. It is a must see if you can afford the time and the money. Take a taxi ride or private transport to Ayana Resort and once there, ask for directions to the new “Rock Bar” which overlooks Jimbaran Bay situated fourteen meters above the surf. To get down to the bar area, you can choose between the stairway if you are adventourous and fit enough or simply go down by elevator. You will also find a choice of thirteen restaurants to dine at in the grounds of the Ayana.
A fabulous place to be for sunset but be early. The Road to Ayana resort from Kuta,Legian or Seminyak is extremly busy from around 4.30pm up until 9pm on a Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Other weekdays are not as busy but I suggest you go early and be there by 4.00 if possible. Ask your driver for advice on this subject. My friend Charlie will take you there, wait for you and deliver you safely home for a reasonable amount. If this idea appeals to you, ring Charlie and ask for a price. Mob.08155792272.
Apart from these suggestions, just go to the beach with camera and stubby in hand and do what comes naturally but please don’t break or leave the empties on the beach
Handy tips to remember
- Always keep your wits about you, especially at night. Avoid drunken crowds in restaurants, clubs and bars.
- Look after your mates and stay together.
- Don’t look for trouble and don’t get involved with the police.
- Do not drink any cocktails/mixed drinks unless you are 100% sure it is genuine imported spirits. Unfortunately, people have died or have become blind from unwittingly drinking poisonus methanol based drinks.
- Do not become involved with any illegal drugs. Be warned the punishment is very harsh.